UPDATE, FEB 21, 2018: The RBMA Community Business Manager position has closed. No applications will be taken beyond this notification.
Thank you for submission of your resume. Resumes will be reviewed and interested parties will be notified via email or phone.
Here’s your chance to help drive the success and progress of a dynamic, diverse, and growing community-oriented business organization in South Seattle! The Rainier Beach Merchants Association is seeking letters of interest and qualifications for its Community Business Manager position to be the primary point of contact for the RBMA, be the project manager for popular signature events, and work with the board, membership, and a suite of like-minded proactive community groups to influence the economic and community development of Rainier Beach. This position is supported by funds from the Seattle Office of Economic Development Only In Seattle grant.
In addition to having a positive influence on our community and local businesses, you’ll get to network with movers and shakers across the city! Send Letters of interest and qualifications ASAP to email@example.com
Rainier Beach Merchants Association – Community Business Manager
2018 SCOPE OF SERVICES
Duties will be performed as time allows with the following priorities:
• Serve as primary contact for the organization and promote Rainier Beach as a destination and a place to do business.
• Board Development – Assist Board in new board development training opportunities.
• Serve as primary point of contact and mentor for Rainier Beach Merchants intern for a minimum of one hour per shift.
• Continue to build membership and identify potential leadership.
• Explore and secure funding opportunities, particularly related to event development and execution.
• Assist in providing members with business development resources, based on prioritized member needs.
• Act as primary liaison for City of Seattle Department of Economic Development.
• Responsible for managing RBMA Only in Seattle grant budget and reporting, subject to Board approval.
• Responsible for tracking membership payments and financial donations.
• Responsible for creating and executing marketing plan, including monthly newsletter and social media campaigns.
• Committee Development – Work with Board to identify necessary committees and appropriate structure.
• Work with board and membership to organize signature and established community events that help promote Rainier Beach and engage membership and community including, but not limited to:
Member meetings and mixers, community cleanups. Bridge to Beach Clean-up, STP Hydration Station, Community Business Tours, Back 2 School Bash, Art Walk Rainier Beach, Boo Bash, RBHS engagement event such as Homecoming Tailgate BBQ, Light Up the Beach.
• Participate in and support A Beautiful Safe Place for Youth and other community and economic development initiatives where time and resources allow.
• Primary organizer for Rainier Beach Arts and Music Fest for fundraising, planning, and maximum community engagement from planning to execution.
• Manage Rainier BAAMFest Coordinator.
• Manage event budget and act as the sole contact for invoice submission to the fiscal sponsor.
Energetic, patient, and enthusiastic individual who has proven knowledge of inner workings of small business, marketing, event production, and economic development.
Experience as project manager for major community events.
Familiarity with Rainier Beach/ Southeast Seattle.
Experience in fundraising and the usage of social media platforms.
Ability to prioritize and execute organizational objectives.
Ability to carry out defined membership recruitment and development goals.
ACCEPTING LETTERS OF INTEREST UNTIL FEBRUARY 11th OR WHEN POSITION IS FILLED
Target Hire Date: Late February 2018
Average hours per week: 20. Hours expected to increase significantly during June leading up to BAAMFest.
2018 Compensation: TBD